Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leon D Oostendorp
Dr. Leon D Oostendorp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Oostendorp is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center. Dr. Oostendorp has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Leon D Oostendorp has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Nice doctor; great bedside manner. Very caring and concerned. Wait times are a bit excessive in the office and he will not contradict the oncologist - even if the oncologist is not completely accurate. Office staff needs to be more proactive in setting up appointments; if you don't push, you won't get scheduled.
Finding out that you have breast cancer is very disturbing and stressful. Every one in Dr Oostendorp's office (including the Dr.) did everything they could to put me at ease with an understanding attitude and willingness to answer questions. Without them I doubt that I could have successfully made my journey with cancer. Thanks Dr O and thanks to everyone in your office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Oostendorp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Leon D Oostendorp accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShmg Supportive Care Medicine, 145 Michigan St NE Ste 4400, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leon D Oostendorp in this video.
Dr. Leon D Oostendorp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.