Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Leon G Smith Jr
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Livingston, NJ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Smith is affiliated with St Michaels Medical Center. Dr. Smith has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Fetal Diseases
- Prenatal Care
- Hot Flashes
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Perinatal Care
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Smith was extremely cocky and spoke down to my husband and I. I felt uneasy with my interactions with him. He often seemed like he hadn't even read my chart before seeing me. I had a difficult pregnancy and was seen in this office up to 2 times a week. He never made a personal connection with me and rushed through our appointments. He incorrectly diagnosed my condition despite the recommendations given by other doctors in the same practice. Dr. Smith had no empathy for my situation, and never followed up with me after the birth of my child. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Smith. I think its time for him to retire.
Dr Smith performed CVS on me today. He made me feel at ease, I felt I could trust him and I am totally in good hands. The procedure was quick and "to the point":). He and his staff are great. It was performed at St Barnabus Med Center in Livingston NJ. On top of high professionalism, he made me smile.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Barnabas Medical Center, 94 Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, NJ
Dr. Leon G Smith Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livingston, NJ.