Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Leon Stern
Dr. Leon Stern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Stern is affiliated with Lourdes Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. He speaks English.
Dr. Leon Stern has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Leon Stern has the following 12 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Leon Stern has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 14
I've tolerated this subpar service for a long time. I became used to the staff being beyond rude and totally unhelpful and the Dr. listening with half an ear and confusing me with other patients. Now, out of nowhere they are demanding an additional 100$ per visit when my insurance has assured me that they cover it. This is a total scam operation. I'm on medication and sometimes I just want my script and go but as far as feeling truly helped by these people and this doctor in particular, I must say, it's clearly time for me to find a "real" doctor.
Showed up on a Sunday afternoon with three people ahead of me, 10 minutes before the start of my scheduled visit. After waiting one hour, and 50 minutes after the start of my scheduled visit, there were still two people in front of me. Because I have a life, I requested my co-payment back and left. In addition to the clear inability for the staff to schedule reliable appointments, the receptionist was apologetic in a "pointing fingers" manner - "The women before you has her first appointment, it takes awhile", and in response to telling them I had to leave for work and didn't foresee such an extreme wait, she said, "You should have told us." Wait, I was supposed to tell you that I have commitments outside of waiting in a psychiatric clinic for the entirety of my Sunday afternoon? Nice.
Dr. Stern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Lithuanian University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1971
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Leon Stern accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsMedical & Mental Arts Pc, 307 Ocean View Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Leon Stern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.