Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leon Woodruff Jr
Dr. Leon Woodruff Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Raleigh, NC, with another office in Raleigh, NC. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Woodruff is affiliated with Rex Healthcare Inc. and Rex Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leon Woodruff Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been a patient for most of the time that Dr. Woodruff has been in Raleigh. He embodies the meaning and fulfills the oaths that doctors take. He is always up- to- date and knowledgeable about the latest studies and medical technology and will give you the pros and cons of the treatments. I am grateful to have had such competent and sensitive care. Thank you Dr. Woodruff.
I had a hard time getting in to see Dr. Woodruff, and when I finally did, I had to wait an hour to be seen.I came in for a consultation about tubal ligation and he said it was better for insurance if we did the pap rather than just the consult. I agreed but stressed that I really needed to get my tubal scheduled ASAP.For the next two weeks I left message after message to no avail. Finally in absolute exasperation, I called to speak with the office manager and ask that my records be moved so I could get treated by someone who had staff that actually answered phones and booked surgery.I found Dr. Marks who is also in Raleigh and his staff was so much better I was able to have a true consultation on the procedure and got my surgery scheduled during the consultation so I did not have to sit around on pins and needles worrying about it.What a difference a caring and competent front desk staff makes!
I switched to this practice for my second child, b/c lots of friends go there. I don't like it - I definitely got an impersonal factory-like feeling from the staff and the doctors, and the wait times for appointments are interminable - no matter what time of day you schedule. I'm in my 20th week and am switching to another...
Dr. Woodruff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rex Healthcare Inc.
41 Years Experience
Wake Forest University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Leon Woodruff Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leon Woodruff Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.