Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard C Akman MD
Dr. Leonard C Akman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Pikesville, MD. He has 75 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard C Akman has 2 locations
361 GRASTY Rd
Baltimore, MD 21208
2805 Grasty Woods Ln
Pikesville, MD 21208
Book Online Now
Dr. Leonard C Akman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Leonard C Akman has the following 5 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Leonard C Akman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
75 Years Experience
George Washington University
Graduated in 1943
Dr. Leonard C Akman Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Leonard C Akman's office for more information.
361 GRASTY Rd Baltimore, MD 21208
2805 Grasty Woods Ln Pikesville, MD 21208
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leonard C Akman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.