Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard Cohen
Dr. Leonard Cohen, MD, PHD, FAAAAI is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, Saint Francis Care Behavorial Health and Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Leonard Cohen has the following 8 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hereditary Angioedema
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Dr. Leonard Cohen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I tried to make an appt for my daughter. I apparently annoyed the nasty woman who answers the phone (ny accent) and was told after a few calls that "sometimes they do this but dr cohen isn't taking any appts for patients with swelling or hives...we are just too busy with our other allergy patients". I can't believe this woman hasn't been fired unless her name is Mrs. Cohen!
Office is extremely concerned about your copay, seems to be the first priority. Secretary is extremely rude on phone and/or in person, heaven forbid you should not be able to make the first appointment offered.Nursing staff seems to be aware of the issue, but the doctor seems to be aware of and condone the behavior of the staff. Dealt with it for a while but will not return, no one should be mistreated when they are ill.
Dr. Cohen is an excellent allergist....unfortunately he has a disgruntled secretary who is by far the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. Dr Cohen lost me as a patient because of her. She was sooo rude and inappropriate on the phone that I felt I needed to tell her she was being rude. She then refused to make me an appointment saying, "you have to get through me first"!!!!! Then hung up on me!!! UNBELIEVABLE.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Saint Francis Care Behavorial Health
Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital
University of Connecticut Health Center
St. Francis Hospital
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Saint Francis Hospital And Medical Center, Hartford CT
John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
36 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
New York University
Dr. Leonard Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsLeonard Cohen MD, 928 Farmington Ave, West Hartford, CT
Dr. Leonard Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.