Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard D Genovese Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
Took 3-4 weeks to get second blond test results back His new receptionist claimed the doctor would be adjusting medication levels when no meds were prescribed yet because no diagnosis was given . . His new receptionist Fiona or Keona (not sure)is the rudest person I have ever spoken to. She insisted that Dr. Genovese would not call back because he was with patients and She would be the one to speak to about the results. She claimed she is an MA okay you're not a doctor. She also insisted that she would not send the blood work to a different doctor. If you want to wait almost 3 hours and wait three weeks for bloodwork and then be asked to come back three times, this is the office for you
Dr. Genovese is the rudest doctor iIhave ever met. I left work two hours early to get on time to his practice and he made my husband and I wait an hour and a half to see him. He left the office while having numerous patients waiting. His office is dingy and disgusting and is not clean at all. I would not recommend this doctor at all, he is a disgrace to all doctors who care.
He is a great doctor but he has to be more puntual. He is not very respectful of people's time and come in late. Dont make 9am appts if you know you are not coming in until 10am (this has happened numeroud times without explanation). Also, if you book patients every 30 minutes then you have to keep things moving. If you know you are going to be very thorough (this is good) thus spending more time with them, book them every hour.
Dr. Genovese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Leonard D Genovese Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeonard Daniel Genovese Jr Do, 8125 17th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonard D Genovese Jr in this video.
Dr. Leonard D Genovese Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.