Dr. Leonard Girardi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Leonard Girardi?

Thank you Dr. Girardi!!

Posted on August 1st, 2017

Six years ago, when I was having pre-admission testing for a routine surgery, I learned that I needed aortic valve replacement. Needless to say, when I asked around to find out who was the best thoracic surgeon, I continually was told "Dr. Girardi". Dr. Girardi was absolutely amazing! He understood my fears and provided me with a wealth of information. I entered into the OR completely confident in Dr. Girardi's abilities and am so grateful to have had such a gifted and knowlegable surgeon take my heart into his hands. Thank you Dr. Girardi for giving me back my life.

Very Good at Surgery not as good at communication

Posted on June 1st, 2017

Dr. Girardi was recommended by my terrific cardiologist Dr. Mary Roman both at Weill Cornell. I have been under his care after I had an emergency type A aortic dissection. That was repaired by Dr. Charles Geller. I needed further aortic repair for an Aneurysm after 4 years and that was performed by Dr. Girardi. He is an excellent surgeon but not nearly as good at commmunicating with patients as Dr. Roman and Dr. Geller.

One of the finest surgeons in the world

Posted on April 13th, 2017

At the age of 50, I had an emergency and unexpected triple bypass heart surgery. I was fortunate that my doctor was able to get Dr Girardi to do the surgery. Dr Girardi and his team are held in awe by the entire staff at the Weill Cornell Heart Center,. He is certainly among the very best in the world.

Posted on March 28th, 2017

This is special doctor. He is the finest in his field. He performed a very serious operation on me recently. It was excellent. I have no reservation about this superior professional.

Superstar surgeon

Posted on March 25th, 2017

The best there is . Nothing else needs to be said. Simply the best and so is his team

incredible surgeon

Posted on February 10th, 2017

I interviewed many of the top surgeons in the field before deciding upon Dr. Girardi. While I was impressed by all of them Dr. Girardi stood out . He was not only highly recommended by doctors from other hospitals but everyone I spoke to who he had operated on raved about him.. I was thus somewhat surprised and concerned about some of the negative reviews on this site and after being operated on by Dr. Girardi it is hard to imagine those people saw the same doctor that I did. I had a a valve sparing aortic root operation several weeks ago and already feel better than I have in years. . He literally works around the clock including Saturday rounds. He clearly loves what he does and it shows in his dedication to his patients. He and the incredible team he has set up is truly the dream team of aortic surgery .

Posted on November 30th, 2016

Dr Girardi and his staff are the best (nothing more to be said)

Back in Taekwondo

Posted on October 3rd, 2016

8 weeks after emergency triple bypass surgery performed by Dr. Girardi, I am back in Taekwondo class, breathing better than ever, and feeling younger than ever. Great surgeon with great team support at a great hospital. Wish the rating system went higher than 5 stars.

Who's in charge of keeping patient's family informed? No one.......

Posted on September 13th, 2016

I, too, have waited almost 3 years to write this review. The way we, the family, were ignored by Dr.Girardi AND his office and nursing staff borders on cruelty. My husband developed pneumonia 4 days after his long hours of surgery to repair an aortic anyeurysm and was on a ventilator for a week. I was only able to speak to Dr. Girardi twice, once for about 2 minutes after the surgery when he practically dismissed me (my brother-in-law, a surgeon himself, was with me and was horrified at this brush-off by Dr Girardi after we had not heard one word since we had said good-by to my husband at 1pm and it was now 10pm.) Dr Girardi will not keep the family advised nor allow his staff to do so. We never did learn what time the operation started nor how long it progressed. The only other time he spoke to me directly was when we were told to find a rehab place, after 3 weeks in the hospital, within the next 48 hours, and no, they were not familiar w any in New Jersey....good luck. Thank heaven for the ICU doctors who were the only source of information for three weeks. It was terrifying for the family to be responsible every day to track down someone whose head was not buried in a computer to update us on what was going on. Neither Dr Girardi nor his staff found the time to even pick up the phone much less stop by the room to touch base with the family. We were on our own. My husband has recovered from the surgery and for that we are thankful. My son and daughter and I will never forget the terror of feeling all but forgotten as we struggled every day to know how he was progressing and when/if he would recover from it all.

Terrible doctor

Posted on September 8th, 2016

Once you sign up for surgery with Dr Giardi don't ever expect to speak to him. The only ones you will get to talk to are his nurse practitioners. He did my surgery and I still had a major problem post surgery. Trying to sue is a major problem getting another physician to testify against Dr. Girardi. He's a big name in cardio thoracic surgery and runs his practice like a factory. The more surgeries the better. Just because a physician has a big reputation find someone you can actually speak to.

A Fantastic Surgeon

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

I interviewed three experienced surgeons prior to a recent aortic valve replacement and Dr. Girardi was by far the most knowledgeable and professional of them. He and his team did a superb job, and for that I am truly grateful. I cannot recommend Dr. Girardi highly enough; just know that you are in great hands if he is your surgeon.

Son Husband Father Teacher

Posted on August 8th, 2016

As the 3rd anniversary of my mother's death approaches I am compelled to write a review. I gave myself 3 full years as to not write with an angry heart. My mother had a very rare type of cancer. Dr. Girardi was highly recommended. In fact as one of his staff put it there is God and raised her left hand high and than said there is Dr.Girardi and raised her right hand higher in the air. NOT TRUE. He is a man a human being and not at all the best at what he does nor could I or would I call him a God or compare him to God. To cut to the chase Dr. Girardi left my mother in the hospital under the care of some young interns as he left for 5 days to take his daughter to college. My mother died 2 days later. He was suppose to return and perform an operation that only he and a few other surgeons have ever performed. When he left us he clearly stated that his trip would not be a problem that her condition could wait. That was the last we heard from Dr.Girardi. He is not a kind human being and as a doctor he does not put his patients first before himself. Yes I'm stating that if God gives you the brains to keep people alive and help them not to suffer tha as a doctor one must put ones own life on hold for the betterment of his patients. I'm not by any means a person who is not based in reality and know and understand that my mother's chances were slim. All I ask is that when you agree to undertake the care of someone than follow thur to the end. Hope your daughter does well in college and does not become a doctor especial if she gets her values from her father.