Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard N Glade has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Glade is the ultimate professional and knows his business. He answers any and all questions and lets you know what you have to do to help your problem. He goes over all tests in detail and explains the results so you can understand. I highly recommend Dr . Glade as I would rate him a 10 out of 10,
Would not recommend this doctor for the following reasons: Patient and family member waited for 2 hours for a 5 minute dismissive interaction with this doctor who showed no social skills with patient or family member. He presented as uncaring in relating to patient his medical diagnosis, lung cancer. His demeanor was rude in his presentation to patient and family member. He was less than accommodating to the patient who was hearing impaired, putting forth little effort to ensure patient could hear and understand what he was relating to patient. He appeared to be extremely disinterested in the task at hand of informing patient that he had lung cancer. He did not take anytime to explain information even after family member attempted to obtain information. After having contact with this dr. while patient was hospitalized, there were concerns about the doctor's bedside manner. After today's office visit, the prior concerns were confirmed. Waiting area was unable to accommodate the waiting patients, causing elderly and disabled patients to stand for long periods of time (over an hour). While this doctor obviously spent lots of money on art for his office as it was will appointed with local art, he failed to recognize patients needs and comfort as they wait for his attention, or lack of attention.
Dr. Glade is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Leonard N Glade accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Specialists, 3525 Prytania St Ste 526, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Leonard N Glade is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.