Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard Gomella
Dr. Leonard Gomella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Gomella is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, VA Medical Center DE and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Gomella has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard Gomella has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Leonard Gomella has the following 24 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Kidney Stones
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Urologic Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
Dr. Leonard Gomella has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Leonard Gomella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Referred by a high profile physician. Though he did his job as a surgeon, he is one of the most abusive, disrespectful, egotistical, terrorizing medical providers I have ever seen. Following the third appointment I found a new urologist. My insurance company pays their salary, and no one should be treated like that ever.
I have never received such a poor review speaking to being called a terrorizing provider. I doubt this is realistic as I have been reted across all top doctors listing for years. If I was so bad no colleague would use my services. I feel sorry for this individual that needs to harm my career.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gomella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VA Medical Center DE
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
31 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTHOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, 1025 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonard Gomella in this video.
Dr. Leonard Gomella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.