Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard Kane
Dr. Leonard Kane, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 58 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Kane is affiliated with Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus, St John's Episcopal Hospital and Interfaith Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard Kane has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Kane is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
St John's Episcopal Hospital
Interfaith Medical Center
Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division
Interfaith Medical CenterJewish Hosp Med Ctr Of Brooklyn Div
58 Years Experience
Centre Medicine University
Graduated in 1955
Dr. Leonard Kane accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3043 Ocean Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Leonard Kane is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.