Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard Korn has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I saw Dr. Korn for 4 years. He is not at all objective, especially about religion & politics. He told me many things about his personal life I didn't need to know. Last session, my wife (an atheist) & I (a Catholic) went to seek some skills in communicating our differences of belief with love & respect. Dr. Korn (an atheist) immediately attacked my religion & opinion on right to life, told me I & "my brethren"(?!) were going to destroy the country & the Constitution, that I didn't believe in democracy but dictatorship, that I didn't care about women, that I wanted to take away his freedom, said that he was so angry he was shaking, drew near to me in an aggressive way, told me I was probably going to ruin my relationship with my wife (who he totally ignored), on & on & on. He made the entire session about him & his opinion. He went out of his way to make me feel terrible about myself...which I didn't...which only seemed to anger him all the more. He was ineffectual, inappropriate, & totally unprofessional.
I could not recommend Dr. Korn. I saw him for about a year suffering from a severe episode of depression and anxiety. He wrongly diaganosed me within only 30 minutes with a personality disorder which has been disputed by 2 followup psych testing as well as 2 therapists and a hospital psychiatrist. I was later diagnosed with Bipolar II with severe anxiety. He showed times of great impatience and rudeness. I could never recommend him to anyone.
A sensitive, knowledgeable practitioner. Educated, current in all facets of psychiatry. Let me just say "if you ever have come to the edge of holding it all together? Consumed by anquish despair and depression and no one and I mean no one really cares. Not family not friends. This is the physician you want at your side. He's honest, accurate and on point with treatments and generous support. I am alive because of him"
50 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Leonard Korn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeonard Korn Md, 330 Borthwick Ave Ste 111, Portsmouth, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonard Korn in this video.
Dr. Leonard Korn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, NH.