Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard S Leichus has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Bronchopneumonia (Aspiration Pneumonia)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 66
Just moved here from out of town and needed a GI doc. I read the reviews and quickly discounted the vast majority. It is sad that people flock to the internet and leave negative reviews about businesses. At any rate, I called Dr. Leichus's office to make an appointment and the staff scheduled me right away. The staff was friendly as was Dr. Leichus. He answered all of my questions and ordered appropriate testing. I am more than happy with my experience with him and would certainly recommend him to friends and family.
On my 1st and 2nd visit, the nurse practitioner was the one who saw me, I never met Dr. Leichus. On the day of my colonoscopy I saw him for a few seconds and because I asked one of the nurses who was Dr. Leichus. At the center where I had the colonoscopy, I felt like the nurses were in a rush to finish their schedule to go home. It was horrible!!! As to his office staff, they are friendly, but there is no privacy at all. I called recently to discuss a problem, the nurse advised that he will review his messages and call back, up to this date I'm still waiting for his call. In general, I do not recommend him and it would be nice to meet the doctor handling your case. :-(:-(
He may be one of the better ones in his field, but there are others just as good that don't have the horrible attitude Dr. Leichus does when I went to see him. I have heard many people say the very same thing. Needs a ton of people skills, gives the appearance that he is better than his patients. Will never go to him again along with many others that feel the same way!!
Was referred by my primary. He did not schedule an appointment to talk to me before the procedure. Thought he would talk to me before the procedure. Did not see him at all, even after the procedure. It was just a cattle call of people going in and out for colonoscopies. The first time I met the man was two weeks later .I had pre-exisiting conditions that I never got to tell him about. Therefore he could not do the procedure. I had told the nurse who worked with me beforehand, and she wrote nothing about it in her notes. He should be removed Medicare and Humana physicians lists.
This is not the place to go for a GI procedure if you want a clean and discrete environment. There are sheets between the rooms and after a colonoscopy, the nurses do not provide a discrete place to discuss the results. You can expect everyone in the clinic to know if you have hemorrhoids, or whether you have passed enough gas to go home. After 5 colonoscopies between myself and my wife, this Doctor and his clinic is the most unprofessional I have encountered. Take my advise and stay away.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Leonard S Leichus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGi Associates Of Tallahassee, 2457 Care Dr Ste D100, Tallahassee, FL
Dr. Leonard S Leichus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.