Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard A Lewis Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Very disappointed with the scheduling of my visit and the lack of consideration of my time. I scheduled my appointment to have a procedure done and have some other health issues checked while there. (most likely a 15-20 minute time frame for the Dr. to actually be with me) I arrived for my appointment 5 minutes early to find only 2 others waiting in the office.(nice) but after waiting 10 minutes after my scheduled time, I found out that all the exam rooms were full and another in line before me. Very disappointed with their blatent overbooking of appointments.
I have been with Dr. Lewis for over 20 years. He has seen me through life and health issues in good order. He h a s been able to refer me to specialists when needed and found the right one in cases that were not easy to diagnose. He also helped with the health care issues for my son and later my daughter-in-law. He is a good all around family practitioner and I recommend him highly.
I had gone to dr. Lewis since I was a kid. He never remembered my name. He is very in-and-out. Doesn't really listen, just quickly tries to throw medications at you. I had gone in for throat swelling and pain, he gave me a strep test, it came back negative. He didn't seem to want to look further into it and told me he would just treat it as strep. I came in for a rash on my face, he diagnosed it as Rosacia and sent me on my way with really expensive prescriptions. After that didn't work I did research and what I had was clearly not Rosacia. The last straw was when I went in to get a tb test. I had it done and at the end I asked how much it would cost. It was inexpensive so I payed in cash right then and there. A week later I received a bill. I explained to them what happened, but they keep sending me bills for it! The workers are not very pleasant and look unprofessional/dumpy.
The title summarizes it -- contentiouis and bombastic. There's no dialogue. He asks a question then cuts me off three or four words into the answer. Has a serious insecurity complex, feeling he has to "prove" that he's the doctor, and I'm not. Duh. As if I didn't know that. Spent much of the very rushed visit trying "prove" how much he knows and how little I know. I don't need to visit a doctor for that. This was over what should have been a simple matter of getting a prescription filled. I'll be looking elsewhere.
31 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Bon Secours Hospital
Dr. Leonard A Lewis Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStandale Family Physicians, 3863 Lake Michigan Dr NW Ste 1, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Leonard A Lewis Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.