Dr. Leonard D Nelson Jr Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Leonard D Nelson Jr?

Dr. Nelson is single-handedly the most incompetent and frankly rude doctor I've think I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. His only advice was to tough out the pain in my back and that "the back is very mysterious". His unhelpfulness was one thing, and if that were the only bad thing about him it might still be alright, however Leonard is incredibly rude as well. I asked him after his whole "the back is mysterious" speech if he knew what I specifically hurt in my back and his response was to say "I've been talking to you for the last 15 minutes. Have you not been listening to a thing I said" in an aggressive tone when literally the only "helpful" information he gave me was that "the back is a mystery". Overall I would not wish anyone the displeasure of having to be seen or spend time with Dr. Nelson so if you are on the fence about seeing him, do yourself a favor and find someone else.

Find a Doc who cares

Treats me like a number not a patient, rude, disrespectful and I waited 2 1/2 hrs to see him. Waiting over a week for test results, no one has contacted me or seems to care. All I can do is wait in pain while it gets worse.

do not use this doctor

Operated on my relative - fusion of lumbar spine. Within 10 days, she was in excruciating pain. Finally determined that she had new fractures above and below where he operated. Dr. Nelson was contacted multiple times, but did not respond to the request for a consult . Had to remove all hardware. By that time, she had bilateral foot drop and bladder was impaired due to nerve impingement. Was hospitalized for 52 and died from sepsis at the operation site.

Dr. Nelson performed 2 spinal fusions on me

Dr. Nelson is a compassionate, thorough, well versed surgeon in his field. He takes time to explain things to you and has an excellent bedside manner. He is a a surgeon, but exhaust all avenues before recommending surgery and it must improve your quality of life.