Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard Perez
Dr. Leonard Perez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Perez is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Mercy Hospital D / P SNF and San Joaquin Community Hospital. Dr. Perez has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard Perez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I have been seeing Dr Perez for almost 10 years now he has performed 3 successful surgeries with no complications. He delivered my youngest child and now my oldest daughter is seeing him for her annual examines. He has a great bedside manner and will take the time to talk to you as much as you need. I highly recommend him. His office staff are kind and very professional as well.
I have been a patient of Dr Perez and his predecessor, Dr Root for over 20 years. I have always been extremely happy with both doctors . However, the practice has recently moved to a very shabby, not particularly clean office with poor airconditioning. The waiting room was so full that there was nowhere to sit. The front desk staff seem disinterested and inefficient. Although I very much like Dr Perez, I have decided to seek a new doctor.
Dr. Perez diagnosed a problem I had been misdiagnosed with for over one year. Within days of meeting him, he diagnosed my problem and did the needed surgery that saved my life. I will forever be grateful !
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Perez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Kern Medical Center
Dr. Leonard Perez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeonard Perez Md, 2005 17th St, Bakersfield, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonard Perez in this video.
Dr. Leonard Perez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.