Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard K Pickard
Dr. Leonard K Pickard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kingston, NY, with another office in New Paltz, NY. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Pickard is affiliated with Healthalliance Hospital Broadway Campus. Dr. Pickard has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard K Pickard has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 13
Due to his lack of knowledge, this doctor wasn't able to understand my medical problem. Therefore, he treated me like a piece of garbage, and appeared to take great pleasure in doing so. He decided I must be a malingerer because his arrogance could not allow him to consider the possibility of his own ignorance. Luckily I was able to find doctors in the city who were able to diagnose and treat what Dr. Pickard could not.
Dr. Pickard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Leonard K Pickard accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leonard K Pickard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingston, NY.