Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard Pogach
Dr. Leonard Pogach, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Orange, NJ. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pogach is affiliated with East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System, Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System and Va New Jersey Health System, East Orange Campus, East Orange. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard Pogach has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Pogach is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System
Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System
Va New Jersey Health System, East Orange Campus, East Orange
41 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Leonard Pogach accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVA NEW JERSEY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS, 385 Tremont Ave, East Orange, NJ
Dr. Leonard Pogach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Orange, NJ.