Dr. Leonard Tananis Jr Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Leonard Tananis Jr?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Shirley Bodirnea

Posted on November 15th, 2017

Loved Dr Tananis. Really cares, he is very kind and understanding.I am so sad we moved out of state . We heard he had too so was wishing it was georgia

LOVE Dr Tananis!

Posted on October 19th, 2017

I saw Dr Tananis for several years. I never found him to be anything other than professional, compassionate,and personable. I never felt like he was rushing and he always took the time answer all of my questions. Dr Tananis was always willing to try alternative methods of treatment for my pain, whereas others in the past had been more like pill-pushers. I truly hated to see him leave here. It wasn't just Dr Tananis. It was almost everyone in the office. His nurse was one of the friendliest I've meet. She always made me feel welcome and comfortable. The receptionists both the one upon arrival and the one upon leaving were exceptionally nice and accommodating. In fact, in +/- 10 years I was a patient there, there were only 2 times with 2 different people that I was unhappy in anyway with anything. Both times, I was seeing someone other than Dr Tananis and his nurse.

Posted on March 27th, 2017

Dr. Tananis is very rude. I do not think he has ever read my file to even know my problems. He is so quick to let you know he thinks that the patients that have been going to that practice for years. In his opinion do not want to get better. If he would take a few seconds of his time he would see it is not that easy. Everybody is not in pain because they are lazy or over weight. Grant it is a factor but if I was by some miracle be a size 2. I would still be in pain. He makes you feel as if you are a low life and do not want to be pain free. Believe me I would give anything to be pain free and be able to go and do things with my family.o

Judge much?

Posted on August 16th, 2016

I had less than a handful visits with this dr. When I first visited I explained how I had to see him due to my insurance change. I liked my past pain management and had zero problems with them for over a year. I thought it was very interesting how I was questioned about a previous dr. I had seen about 10 years ago who I believe has blackballed me in my charts as I have been treated like a drug addict by certain drs in the same groups. He demanded answers why I didn't see this dr any longer which I could not answer as I had tried to when I moved back into the area. He did not believe my answers to him which was I did not know and she would not tell me why she would not see me again. She had scripted me 34 prescriptions when I saw her. It is one of the reasons I now want very minimal medications. I had a lot of side effects from these medications. I was also maxed out on pain meds which now, by my choice it was very minimal. Granted, I deal with a lot of medical conditions and just manage the pain as horribly as I can. He was upset on several visits because I would not take two medications which I remembered were really bad with my side effects. I had numerous pills left over on the past checks, but the last visit I did not. I ran out 5 days early due to moving things a lot getting ready for a yard sale and injured my back again. He came in, all happy go lucky, then when I told him I ran out and wasn't sure if I took them too soon because I didn't bring in my bottle because I was out, he said I was showing signs of addiction. I couldn't believe it as I do everything I can do NOT take meds...funny thing the one he wanted me to take makes me feel stoned and high, the one I told him I don't like due to the mind altering feeling. I really don't feel anything from the low dose pain pills I ask for. I asked hm why because it really hurts my feelings as I've been treated like this so many times from drs in this area and it is horrible! He tells me it is because I was out of my meds (not considering the times I wasn't I guess) and because I will not take the other medications that "alter" my mind. Hmmm, makes so much sense to me! So, he goes from happy go lucky to very angry and tells me not to come back to his office again! He walks out of the office saying he is going to give me another prescription and that is the last time he will see me. Wow! Really? So, I'm sitting there, wondering, what am I supposed to do. First of all, if he feels i'm not in pain as I have the same medical conditions as I have had 13 years ago, need two fusions neck and low spine, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, spinal stenosis, chronic migraines and I'm faking it just to get the minimal pain medications to make it day to day. If you think I'm a drug seeker dr. why the last script? If I was a drug seeker dr, why did I not take it and leave it with you? You should maybe stop judging your patients on what one dr says about them for whatever reason. Obviously you didn't contact my last pain management who was a few months ago and ask them about me. You would have found out the truth about your patient and not what a disgruntled dr from 10 years ago said.

Posted on October 15th, 2015

This Doctor threatened me numerous times. I have contacted the Medical Board in Raleigh NC

If you REALLY want to get better

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

Dr. Tananis really works with you. He is up front with you about how to get better--things he can do, things you can do (which some people can't handle--they just want medicine). You might not always want to hear his advice but bottom line is, he knows his stuff. He is the best pain doctor I've ever had without a doubt!

needs to listin more