The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonard White Jr
Dr. Leonard White Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with other offices in Washington, MO and Washington, MO . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. White is affiliated with St Johns Mercy Hospital, St. John's Mercy Medical Center and Des Peres Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonard White Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Colon Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had a very bad experience with Dr. White and would not recommend him to anyone, especially not a female. When I was just finding out that I had a very serious condition, he did something very unprofessional and unnecessary. He asked me to remove all my clothing for an examination, which was not necessary for this specific examination. My current oncologist has NEVER made that request, and all that Dr. White did during my examination was press on my stomach to check my spleen. He was very unprofessional during one of the worst times in my life. In addition, he gave me bad medical advice. I am so grateful that I went for a second opinion!
Dr. White is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Johns Mercy Hospital
St. John's Mercy Medical Center
Des Peres Hospital
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
St Anthonys Medical Center
St Lukes Hospital
Mercy Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Mercy Hospital - Washington, MO
St. Luke`s Hospital
41 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Columbia
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Leonard White Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonard White Jr in this video.
Dr. Leonard White Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.