Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonid A Izrayelit
Dr. Leonid A Izrayelit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Forest Hills, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Izrayelit is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonid A Izrayelit has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
I was a client Of Dr. Izrayelit for 6 months. I spoke to him about his receptionist not doing her job. He agreed with me. She didn't return phone calls. Not to me or my pharmacy. And I only called when it had to do with prescriptions being called in to my pharmacy. She also didn't call my insurance company to receive authorization for medication I needed but lied to both the Dr. and I that she did call. Even after Dr. Izrayelit caught her in a lie he still didn't fire her. After 6 months I was told by the new receptionist, on the day of my appointment, he didn't accept my insurance . She told me not to bother going in because he won't get paid. I felt it was very unprofessional, not to mention unethical, to leave me with no referral for another Dr. and no medication. I had to tell the receptionist, I'm taking medication and can he please call in a prescription to cover me till I find a new Dr. How can a Dr. not realize for six months he wasn't being paid by my insurance, and not have the compassion to see me one more time to apologize and give me prescriptions?
Highly attentive to patient's needs, great disgnostics and warm, personable emotional support. Always ready to go extra mile for the patient's benefit, - whether it is with Insurance for precription coverage and authorization, filling necessary papers, working with patient's significanr others. The best experience I ever had with psychiatrist.
Acceptable doctor for maintenance treatment, and minor issues, but should there be something more complicated one will run into a problem with him sooner or later. He allots 7.5 min on the average per patient so if he sees 6 patients per hour with a take of $100+ on the average per patient that is $600 per hour in 2012. Treatment approach fragmented between him, his therapist, and his secretaries (delegates medical issues to them to keep him from losing time with the patient so he can maintain a $600+/ hr. generation feel). Not accessible in emergencies or urgent matters.
Dr. Izrayelit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1979
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Leonid A Izrayelit accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leonid A Izrayelit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.