Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonid Markman
Dr. Leonid Markman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Markman is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway, Sharp Memorial Hospital and San Diego Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonid Markman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Leonid Markman has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Leonid Markman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leonid Markman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
COMPLETELY INCOMPETANT AND UNCONSCIOUS; STUPID. REFUSED OBJECTIVE TESTING. ONCE I GOT OUT I TOOK A TEST AND SCORED ZERO AS BI POLAR. I HAVE NOT BEEN DEPRESSED SINCE 1989 AND WHAT THIS SICK ROBOTS ALL "EXPANSIVE THINKING IS ANY CREATIVITY. THEY ARE UNCONSCIOUS. IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A FULL ROBOT WITHOUT ANY JOY, GENTLENESS, ENTHUSIASM OR SPONTANEITY, SIGN UP AND TAKE THE KOOL-AID. THESE CREEPS HAVE NO THERAPY, NO TOUCHING, NO BOOKS, NO MAGAZINES. THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS AND I THINK THIS DR'S I.E. IS 40, HIS EMOTIONAL I. Q. IS ZERO AND IS SPIRTUAL I.Q. IS IN THE NEGATIVE. THIS IS EVIL
Dr. Markman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palomar Medical Center Poway
Sharp Memorial Hospital
San Diego Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
UC San Diego Health System
25 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSharp Mesa Vista Hospital, 7850 Vista Hill Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonid Markman in this video.
Dr. Leonid Markman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.