Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonid M Shinchuk has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
He just wanted the money for each injection he game me for my spinal problem . He only spent 5 minutes talking to me about my health issues , unfriendly , and the worse is that when the treatment was not working at all . I asked him what was the next step ? He said to me : well what else can we do ? Be aware with this doctor , he does not care for his patients at all . He only wants the money . Mass General was the biggest deception in my life . Since everybody was telling me that i was in the best hospital of Massachusetts
After 10+ years of chronic lower back pain, Dr. Shinchuk accurately diagnosed AND treated the problem. He's the ONLY physician that has ever been able to do so. I found Dr. Shinchuk to be highly experienced, knowledgable, efficient and very confident...I think he's a fine listener and moreover, suspect he's misunderstood because MRIs often provide much of the information he really needs (in other words, he doesn't feel the need to ask lots of "filler" questions). I have been virtually pain free for 5 years and have recommended Dr. Shinchuk to friends with great success.
I found Dr. Shinchuk to be personable, approachable and a good listener. Better still, his clinical work solved my problem. He did a brief exam, ordered an MRI, reviewed the results with me and showed me what the problem was, and then recommended a cortisone shot. I was leery, but in pain. It solved my problems. Some of the reviewers fault the guy for looking at his computer. Please. He's consulting my records. You want a doctor to wing it? Only difficulty is finding his office--the address is poorly marked.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Leonid M Shinchuk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Leonid M Shinchuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.