The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonidas G Koniaris has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Thoracic Injuries
- Liver Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Cancer (Experimental)
- Abdominal Injuries
- Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
Showing 5 of 7
I was a patient for Dr. Leonidas back on 2009 when I was found with a Pancreatic tumor. I was in surgery 2 times in Jackson Memorial Hospital and I am very thankful to God for Dr. Leonidas Koniaris MD. It has been over 6 years where God healed me but also used as a great instrument of sugeon Leonidas. Thank you so much for your service and hope to see you one day!
27 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Leonidas G Koniaris accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIu Health General Surgery, 1801 Senate Blvd Ste 635, Indianapolis, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leonidas G Koniaris in this video.
Dr. Leonidas G Koniaris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.