Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leonides Carballosa
Dr. Leonides Carballosa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami Lakes, FL, with another office in Hialeah, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Carballosa is affiliated with Palmetto General Hospital and Miami Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leonides Carballosa has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
This day and age you can't find a doctor that cares enough to take the time to be thorough. Dr. C is definitely a head above the rest. We are forever grateful for getting to the root of my grandsons problem and finally our little guy is on his way to recovery. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts
I took my niece to an appointment and Dr. Leonides Carballosa tended to her. I was very happy with his professionalism and bedside matters. All treatment was explained to me and instructions for the meds were VERY clear to me. You can tell Dr. Carballosa loves his profession and he has a special touch with children. Truly a blessing.
Dr. Carballosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palmetto General Hospital
Miami Children's Hospital
36 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Este (Uce)
Graduated in 1981
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Dr. Leonides Carballosa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leonides Carballosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami Lakes, FL.