The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leopoldo G Hernandez has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
When I first went to Dr. Hernandez he was a lot of help I was loosing my hair and told no problem I can help you I was diagnosed with alopecia areata Dr. Hernandez give me injections and I started to grow my hair unfortunety my insurance changed was not able to see Dr. Hernandez again by that time I lost all my hair. I went to and endocrinologist and he said my hormones were fine by that time I went completely bald then finally I got to see another dermatologist which I walked out of there crying he said my hair will never grow back so I gave up one day I happen to find a bottle of medication Dr. Hernandez prescribed me then I seen hair strands coming out I went back to see him a he told me no problem I can fix it and let me tell you he is one of my best Dr. I've ever had and I don't care how long it takes me to s ee him cuz he made my hair grow back I still go to him for treatments. If you want a good dermatologist go see him he don't have fancy office but he does help his patients and also help my daughter thank you Dr. Hernandez
This doctor and his staff are completely unprofessional. I had an appointment and it took 2 hours to be seen. I asked the front office after an hour and she said I was wasting her time asking. When seen , the doctor didn't even examine or discuss medical history or my concerns. He simply said I really had no need to be a dermatologists office. As a physician myself I couldn't believe the lack of care
Dr. Hernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Leopoldo G Hernandez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeopoldo G Hernandez Md, 3406 Whittier Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Leopoldo G Hernandez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.