Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leroy C Marmion has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
While I understand that Dr. Marmion is a very knowledgeable and respected specialist in the field of Sleep Medicine, my experience at the Sleep Disorder Center on Lake Drive with Dr. Marmion to review test results left a great deal to be desired. I was given a diagnosis of atypical narcolepsy, but at no point did he tell me what narcolepsy is or ask if I knew what narcolepsy was. The only two options he mentioned for treatments were naps and an increase in stimulant medications. Never, at any point, did he inform me that there was no cure, nor did he offer any possible resources (such as support groups or counseling services). This is a condition that, while I've apparently been living with this for over half my life, has impacted every facet of my life and carries a lot of questions and emotional baggage with it. To have a chronic condition that can be so debilitating and get such an unconcerned, uncaring response from the professional that is supposed to help me is appalling. I do plan on talking with my PCP regarding seeing another specialist for treatment, but I have no intention of relying on Dr.Marmion to help me find the right treatment to get my physical and emotional health back in order in regards to the damage that my narcolepsy has done and continues to do.
Dr. Marmion is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1975
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Leroy C Marmion accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichigan Medical, 4100 Lake Dr SE Ste 100, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Leroy C Marmion is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.