Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leroy M Parker
Dr. Leroy M Parker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Parker is affiliated with Norwood Hospital, Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital. Dr. Parker has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Leroy M Parker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Cancerous Tumor
- Metastatic Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Clinical Research
- Sexual Dysfunction (Psychological)
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My surgeon referred me to Dr. Parker and meeting him was like a breath of fresh air. The doctors at the medical practice I use generally are young and new and I generally do not relate so well with them, Dr. Parker has impeccable credentials, vast experience and an easy-going manner. I feel extremely well cared for by him, relate well with him and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who wants a top-notch, experienced oncologist in the breast cancer field.
Dr. Parker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Leroy M Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDana-Farber Cancer Institute Inc, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leroy M Parker in this video.
Dr. Leroy M Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.