Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leroy L Schroeder MD
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Findlay, OH. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder has the following 10 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
man knows his stuff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leroy L Schroeder - Posted on August 4th, 2013
dr Schroeder is a skilled, intelligent man. he caught my thyroid cancer and sent me to a specialist in Columbus. I hold him in high regard. he has a direct, aggressive manner. I would prefer a doctor who is going to push for results. most of the people who have issues with him, don't want to follow orders. as long as your follow what he feels is best for your health you'll get along fine.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leroy L Schroeder - Posted on August 9th, 2011
He is a world class jerk. He is exceptionally rude. Very condescending. Would not listen to any of my concerns. He knew everything and that was that. Had me in tears. Several people I know feel the same way about him. Will not ever recommend him to anyone. It was apparent he treats his staff the same way.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leroy L Schroeder - Posted on March 29th, 2011
My 75 year old Mother had a nodule on her thyroid. Dr. Schroeder told her it was cancer and she needed a specialist. Turned out the cleveland clinic informed us the only way to tell whether the thyroid is cancerous is to remove and biopsy it. Turned out, NO cancer. Dr Schroeder scared us to death! Bad doctor!
48 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Leroy L Schroeder
has practiced Internal Medicine and Endocrinology at Blanchard Valley Medical Associates since July of 1976. He earned his Bachelor's of Science Degree in Biology and his Doctor of Medicine Degree from The Ohio State University. Dr. Schroeder completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, and a fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism at The Ohio State University Medical School. Dr. Schroeder wa board certified in Internal Medicine in 1974 and in Endocrinology and Metabolism in 1977. His special interests are in diabetes mellitus, pituitary disease, and thyroid disease.
Locations & DirectionsBLANCHARD VALLEY MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 200 W Pearl St, Findlay, OH
Dr. Leroy L Schroeder is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Findlay, OH.