Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leroy Vickers has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Since they made the move to Mercy, the wait times have reduced greatly. Although you may still have a wait, it's NOTHING like it used to be at Stratford. Dr. Vickers is a very personable doctor, very nice, funny, and I actually DON'T avoid my appointments because I like this doctor. I feel that the time he spends with me as a patient is very concentrated on me and my health. He makes sure to go over all my medications, the reason for my visit, asks about any new complaints...etc. I absolutely LOVE Dr. Vickers! He is the BEST doctor I've ever had.
I should have stopped going there when I saw over the last year, long waits and odd questions, people that never remebered me although I'd been going there over a year. Yesterday was the worst. I will be filing with the BBB and anyone else who will listen.Brenda was very rude to me and my mother. They refused to see me without my ins. card. (SAME exact insurance/address/job everything as last 10 visists with them!!) It would be one thing if they just explained that and was curtious. They were very condesending and rude. The office manager took me to her office and was looking at me as if she hated me. It was so strange. She was questioning where I work - which location which dept what exactly is my insurance, a 50/50 a 80/20 I have no idea, just nonsence trying to like interigate me like I was trying to pull something! I was extrmely sick I think with Bronchitis or pnemonia. They said they would see me then came back and told me to leave! My mom even offered to pay cash! They REFUSED! I was so upset coughing and crying and so out of it sick! I tried to explain that I almost got in a wreck on the way in to this appointment so I was already distraught and very confused by there attitude. The office manager was looking me in disgust! I will never ever return to deconess hosp. This is the 2nd time a Dr there has sent me out crying! I tried to call the Dr today - Brenda EVEN refused to send me to his voicemail! UNBELIEVEABLE!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vickers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dr. Leroy Vickers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStratford Family Medicine, 2450 Kipling Ave Ste 108, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Leroy Vickers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.