Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leslie A Dean has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Dean is very nice and seems knowledgeable but you have to wait anywhere from an hour to three hours to be treated. I can't do that as I work full time. I have had to switch my primary care physician. Also it's a training center so you always have to see the intern first and then go through everything again with Dr. Dean . I don't have that kind of time.
I think she is a good doctor, and I was actually referred to her by a Doctor who uses her as their Doctor. The UIC clinic though takes forever, every appt is two hours, as it is a training clinic, so you talk to the nurse, then a student, than the Doctor. Dr. Dean I have an issue with, as I found out that I had a medical condition from a nurse reviewing a blood test, telling me everything was fine, except of course "you know you have.." Which I didn't. :( Pretty horrible life experience, hard to forget it. She is nice, and does have a good bedside manner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Leslie A Dean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUic Family Health Center, 1221 E State St, Rockford, IL
Dr. Leslie A Dean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockford, IL.