Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leslie Fleischer
Dr. Leslie Fleischer, MD, FACC, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Walton Beach, FL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Fleischer is affiliated with Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, Sacred Heart Medical Center and Sacred Heart University District. He speaks English.
Dr. Leslie Fleischer has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Leslie Fleischer has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cholesterol Management
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Leslie Fleischer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leslie Fleischer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
He was going to order an invasive test (cardiac Catherization without offering a lesser invasive test BECAUSE my insurance wouldn't cover it. I have a physician in my family and did some research so I asked him why he didn't order a less invasive test first being I'm only in my 40's!!! I guess he assumed I didn't have the money for the test! I never needed the test! I had NO heart problems, was only Costchondritus, inflammation of sternum, feels like heart attack but NOT!
I had a stress test and the table test with the contrast. One of them I failed and the other (table test) was unreadable. I had a heart cath. Altho there were very few clues to my "episode" he recommended I wear a nitro patch to see if my fatigue improved. It did. He strongly suggested the cath. Test was normal.I still wonder if there was a problem at all. But, I would reccommedn Dr. Fl. I thought he was very good.
Dr. Fleischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Sacred Heart Medical Center
Sacred Heart University District
Sacred Heart Hospital - Emerald Coast
38 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Leslie Fleischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsWhite Wilson Medical Center PA, 1005 Mar Walt Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leslie Fleischer in this video.
Dr. Leslie Fleischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Walton Beach, FL.