Dr. Leslie Johnson Is this you?

1 Rating • 1 Comment

1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Leslie Johnson?

Posted on March 19th, 2010

I took my baby in for her 4 month shots well my baby was congested and coughing a little bit. Dr. Johnson told me it was just viral and there was nothing I could do. So she didn't give her the shots. Dr told me to reschedule a nurse visit for the next tuesday so I did. But four days later on a sunday my baby was getting worse. On sunday night I had to stay up all night to watch my baby breath because she was coughing so bad and was so congested. Her lips were turning blue from her coughing and the phlem was so thick getting stuck in her throat that she couldn't breath. I had to keep turning her over and sucking all that out. So I called the Dr office on monday morning they got me in at 10:30 that morning. When the Dr. came in to see her she just told me that it may be possible that she has had RSV the whole time, but she wouldn't check her for it because my baby had gained 7 oz. in 7 days. The Dr. then proceeded to tell me that my baby was not sick enough to worry about because she had gained those 7 oz.. The Dr did however tell me that the congestion had moved into her chest and her lungs sounded a little raspy. But for me not to be concerned there was nothing I could do anyway. So she proceeded to tell me that she was going to hold off on her shots again for another week and for me to reschedule my nurse visit for the shots and there is no reason why she needed to see my baby back there again. She did not even want to do a follow up on my baby to make sure she was ok. I had to take my baby to the ER in Albuquerque the same night that she was seen by Dr Johnson because my baby was sick and not getting any better. There I had found out that my baby had RSV and Bronchulitis, her chest was severly congested and it was moving into her lungs. That is where they told what I could do for her and how to care my baby to get her better. I am changing Dr's I do not feel as though Dr. Johnson cares about her patients or her job. I am a single mother and this is my first baby so when something happens to my baby I am very concerned because I have never experienced any of this before. Dr Johnson does not take the time to explain anything to you about your baby all she is worried about is how your baby is on her growth chart.

Asthma