Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Murfreesboro, TN. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Newman is affiliated with Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital. Dr. Newman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr has the following 13 expertise
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 16
Good Food Allergy Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr - Posted on August 9th, 2009
Only a doctor that has children with food allergies can truly empathize with parents dealing with a child with food allergies. This is Dr. Newman. He seems to be very knowledgeable. He patiently answered our huge list of questions. He seemed to genuinely care. As parents with a baby with multiple food allergies, he helped quell our fears and deal with the challenges we are faced with head on.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1988
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsALLERGY & ASTHMA CENTER PC, 1370 Gateway Blvd Ste 230, Murfreesboro, TN
Dr. Leslie J Newman Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Murfreesboro, TN.