Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leslie R Pickens
Dr. Leslie R Pickens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA, with another office in Halethorpe, MD. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Pickens is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Leslie R Pickens has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Pickens makes the experience of going to the doctor's office - not a dread, but - almost a treat. Her office is a pleasant setting. The chairs are comfortable, and the medical assistants are cheerful and courteous. When I go to her office, I always know I am going to get excellent medical treatment and advice. In addition, she demonstrates genuine personal concern in a professional manner. I like that patients are accepted on a walk-in basis such that it gives me added flexibility in deciding when I must arrive at her office. I am glad her office is located in my geographical area and such a capable medical practice is available to me. I always feel good about the quality health care I get from Dr. Pickens - I know I am in good hands.
Dr. Pickens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Leslie R Pickens accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leslie R Pickens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.