Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leslie E Schoppe has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 13
My father went to this doctor. It took almost a week to hear back from him with results about a CT scan in which we were to learn if his cancer had spread. It was a very stressful week and Dad is a very patient man, but after multiple attempts to try and reach the doctor for the results, he chose to go to his office. When you are told you have cancer the last thing you want is to wait a week to know just how bad it is. Dr. Schoppe was extremely rude and still did not give a straight answer about the scan. I would not recommend anyone I know to use this doctor. I was very disappointed in his lack of professionalism and inability to communicate effectively with his patients.
I can not say enough about Dr. Schoppe and his entire staff. What could one say about the man who saved your life. Twelve years Dr. Schoppe diagnosed my adenocarcinoma of the esophagus. He then put together a team of doctors to deal with it.The fact that I am able to write this says all that needs to be said about my treatment. I beat big time odds, thanks to Dr, Schoppe and the other doctors of the Sadler Clinic. They were way ahead of the curve on what has become the standard treatment. I still see him yearly and am well taken care of by him and his staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Leslie E Schoppe accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeslie Errol Schoppe Md, 100 Miller Dr Ste B, Brownwood, TX
Dr. Leslie E Schoppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brownwood, TX.