Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leslie W Miller
Dr. Leslie W Miller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clearwater, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Miller is affiliated with James A Haley Veterans Hospital, University Community Hospital Inc and Mease Dunedin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Leslie W Miller has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Myocardial Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Transplantation
- Coronary Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Cholesterol
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 12
I had valve issues for years. After three open heart surgeries for valve repairs I was recommended to Dr Leslie Miller in 2011 by the Cleveland Clinic. He diagnosed me as needing a heart transplant. The experience behind his decisions was obvious. In hindsight his decisions were many decisions about my long term and immediate healthcare were 100% correct. The balancing of drugs and their interaction took need many years of background to understand how they effect each other and me. Every step of the way was carefully explained to me in a way I understood. I was educated by the best doctor I could have had, Dr Miller. I had my transplant in 2012 and feel great with thanks to a great doctor.
Dr Miller was just fantastic. I was sent to him by my local cardio Dr and needed to be admitted to Wash Hosp Center he knew in advance that I was coming and after I had gone through the usual ER preliminaries and he was down there within 5 min of them telling him I was there. His staff was top notch. I really didn't expect much from a major inner city hospital but I have to say I was treated like a VIP. I was sorry to find out today that he is no on staff at USF in Tampa Florida
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Leslie W Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaycare Medical Group, 455 Pinellas St Ste 250, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leslie W Miller in this video.
Dr. Leslie W Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.