Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger
Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wayne, PA, with other offices in King Of Prussia, PA and Warminster, PA . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Fogelsanger has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
This man has no people skills. He talks about himself in the third person. "Are you here to see Dr. Fogelsanger?" Not "Hi, I'm Dr. Fogelsanger." Almost like he pretends to be his own receptionist. He then walks into his office and closes the door to check his calendar. Meanwhile, you are sitting in a mini-alcove hardly big enough for two people. He then returns. If it is your first time, you get to fill out your information in that tiny place, not in his office. He then introduces himself. Scheduling was a nightmare. He changed times on me twice in 3 visits and did not show up for the 3rd. On my intake, he spent an hour trying to psychoanalyze me even though I already had a counselor and just wanted meds. I was not ready to share my personal life history him. He may be a good doctor; my meds are OK but the pain of getting them was just not worth it.
We live in a backwards world where this man is allowed to guide others in their mental health. Always distracted, tries to multitask (unsuccessfully), interrupts, asks questions that were answered minutes before, shows no empathy or true concern for well-being, appears to be skeptical of everything - even basic pieces of information. It is possible that he is really smart about the medication part of his job but I'm not educated enough to be sure . But PEOPLE...wow....he does not "get" people.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lester N Fogelsanger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wayne, PA.