Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lester Gottesman has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Lester Gottesman has the following 15 expertise
- Fecal Incontinence
- Rectal Pain
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Colon Cancer
- Anus Diseases
- Rectal Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
Dr. Lester Gottesman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 72
Lester removed my descending and sigmoid colons to eliminate excruciating pain from recurrent diverticulitis. There was a lesser but still debilitating pain post op. He prescribed a nerve drug that he had figured out was likely to ease the pain from what he figured were damaged nerves. He was dead on, and I am pain free for the first time in years.
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Gottesman. He answered my questions, took his time to explain what I had and what my options were. He did not push surgery and left the choice in my hands with the pluses and minuses of each option. His staff was incredibly nice, spent time, and made the process more pleasant. I feel confident in the answers I was given and the course of action we decided on. I will go back to him if I have issues in the future and recommend him and his staff to others.
This doctor hacked me on a simple procedure. I endured endless pain for four months which led to a second surgery (by another doctor) to correct the mistakes he made. My experience with him was horrible.
I suffered from severe life-long constipation. No one but my family really believed how severe the problem was, despite bouts of septicemia and routine unbearable abdominal pain. I cannot recall any time in my life when I was not affected by this disorder. The doctor who performed a colonoscopy simply said my condition was 'unusual' and advised me not to undergo another colonoscopy for fear of perforating the intestine, which she described as very 'scarred.' Ultimately, a gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Gottesman, who literally changed my life. He explained the underlying basis of the condition, which was the inability of the organ to engage in peristalsis, prohibiting the movement of material through the intestinal system. After I underwent thorough colo-rectal exams and pre-surgical tests, Dr. Gottesman performed a colectomy, removing a large part of the non-functioning intestine. You can't imagine the difference. Moreover, I am truly fond of Dr. Gottesman, who continues to follow my progress and is a charming man. The staff at reception are always very nice to me and, in fact, go out of their way to accommodate me. But all else aside, if you have problems relating to col-rectal issues, do yourself a favor and see Dr. Gottesman. He is a remarkable surgeon and a lovely man
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gottesman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Lester Gottesman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsC And J Nutrition, 515 Madison Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lester Gottesman in this video.
Dr. Lester Gottesman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.