Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lester L Himmelreich III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Complications
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
In my experience with Dr.Himmelreich.. He's not a warm and fuzzy people person. He's way too nervous and timid for my tastes. In my first encounter many years ago, his apparent knowledge or lack thereof, odd communication skills and wacky sense of humor made me nervous to the point of wanting to bolt for the door. Looking back, I wish I had ! Part way through the exam,he excused himself from the exam room. When a nurse walked in,through the open door, I saw him across the hall cramming through a book..for a SIMPLE procedure.. I swear he was in the next room reading a "Medical Procedures For Dummies" Book !When he returned, he attempted and botched the procedure, and caused me a great deal of unnecessary pain. To me, that is NOT a forgivable offense for a Doctor, he should have excused himself. His somewhat odd personality isn't for everyone, he comes across like the semi mad research scientist in a white lab coat. His personal style reminds me more of how Christopher Lloyd would play a Doctor in a movie than a real life professional physician. He's been there for years and years, but still seems as nervous as a first year Doctor.Not a confidence inspiring guy in my experience..Definitely not the first pick in this group were there are some bright stars..
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Lester L Himmelreich III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMasland Associates, 220 Wilson St, Carlisle, PA
Dr. Lester L Himmelreich III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carlisle, PA.