Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lester R Mohler has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Lester R Mohler has the following 16 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Lester R Mohler is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I've had a couple of surgeries with Dr Mohler and can say he is an excellent surgeon. Amazing job both times !! California Ortho Ins, front desk sucks to deal with, his office assistant is very helpful and knowledgeable but busy. I'd definitely go back though cause of his skills !!
He performed surgery on my hip for a Labral Repair only to hear immediately following that "it didn't look that bad, not sure how much this will help" and "I didn't do much just cleaned it up". He completely missed the accurate diagnosis that resulted in me undergoing a second surgery by a competent hip surgeon who stated that "my hip was grossly unstable". I had holes in my bones from where they were running together, had multiple impingements that needed repair and a Labral Tear so big it took four anchors to tack it down in place. And Mohler had refused to fill out my disability papers any longer telling me it "wasn't my hip". Horrible bedside manner post op. Late always. He walked out once and never returned.
I went to see Dr Mohler today for a diagnosis for my right wrist. The only thing he did was ask me how the injury occurred. He Then refused to do any tests on my hand to diagnose my injury. Instead, with an uncompassionate attitude, he told me that I do not need surgery and that everybody is getting fed up with me and I'm probably going to be sent to a different doctor and dismissed. He had a horrible bedside manner, an arrogant personality, and he was unsympathetic towards my severe pain. The way he rushed me out of his office without any diagnosis or test was very unprofessional and unheard of. Especially considering I was referred to him from my other doctor who claims I need surgery because I have a severe case of De quervain's. I would strongly not recommend this doctor for anybody. His aggressive demeanor made me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable.
I have had a hip and knee replaced By Dr. Mohlerâ¦ I can't say enough about how competent a Surgeon he isâ¦ from beginning to end I can't recommend anyone more. Dr. Mohler is THE BEST! I have requested him for each of my surgeries and will againâ¦if your having a choice about who you want to operate on you, I would suggest consulting with Dr. Mohler.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
26 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Lester R Mohler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Orthopaedic Institute, 7485 Mission Valley Rd Ste 104A, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lester R Mohler in this video.
Dr. Lester R Mohler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.