Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lester P Salwen MD
Dr. Lester P Salwen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Lester P Salwen has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Liver Diseases
Dr. Lester P Salwen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lester P Salwen - Posted on February 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lester P Salwen - Posted on June 4th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lester P Salwen - Posted on August 30th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lester P Salwen - Posted on June 7th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lester P Salwen - Posted on April 11th, 2012
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2011, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2010, 2015, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Lester P Salwen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Lester P Salwen
BiographyDr. Salwen has been in private consultative gastroenterology practice in Brooklyn Heights since 1985. his affiliation with Mt. Sinai Hospital, he is an attending physician at SUNY Downstate Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, as well as an associate attending physician at Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan. Additionally, Dr. Salwen is a clinical assistant professor of medicine at SUNY Health Sciences Center and clinical instructor in medicine at Albert Einstein School of Medicine. Dr. Salwen limits his practice to adult patient evaluation and care. The New York Times listed Dr. Salwen in its 2009 Best Doctors issue.
Locations & DirectionsGREENVILLE HOSPITAL SYSTEM-GASTROENTEROL, 890 W Faris Rd Ste 100, Greenville, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lester P Salwen, MD - Gastroenterology in Greenville, SC, in this video.
Dr. Lester P Salwen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.