Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Letitia G Carlson
Dr. Letitia G Carlson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Carlson is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Carlson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Letitia G Carlson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Letitia G Carlson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
Dr. Letitia G Carlson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 4
Altho it's annoying (the wait), you realize once she's with you WHY you had to wait. It's because she just spends whatever time with you that you need. She really cares & you can hear it in her voice and see it on her face. Only problem I encounter is that she's seems sometimes overwhelmed, going in twelve different directions at once, probably from all she takes on (I've been going to her for eight or nine years). But, she DOES get you. And that is key.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Carlson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1987
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Letitia G Carlson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGw Medical Faculty Associates, 2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Letitia G Carlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.