Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lewis E Auerbach MD
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with other offices in Brandon, FL and Tampa, FL (and 1 other location). His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach has 4 locations
2111 W Swann Ave Ste 102
Tampa, FL 33606
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lewis E Auerbach - Posted on August 7th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lewis E Auerbach - Posted on August 30th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lewis E Auerbach - Posted on March 4th, 2010
A Doctor for the Long Haul
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lewis E Auerbach - Posted on January 28th, 2010
I have been a patient of Dr. Auerbach since 1994 with a breast cancer diagnosis. Since then he literally "caught" another diagnosis of multiple myeloma, probably saving my life. Thru a second bout with breast cancer, and metastasis to the liver, he has successfully treated me. When my fiance had questions, he called him back the same day I asked him to. In addition, he persuaded a surgeon to take a chance on me 5 years ago. I would say that is good follow-up and advocacy. He continues to treat me. Most recently I have had six months of clean PET scans! I recommend him to everyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Lewis E Auerbach's office for more information.
2111 W Swann Ave Ste 102 Tampa, FL : (813) 254-4233
1602 Oakfield Dr Ste 109 Brandon, FL : (813) 240-6900
2901 W Coachman Ave Tampa, FL : (813) 240-6900
1217 Ewing Ave Clearwater, FL : (727) 446-3021
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lewis E Auerbach, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Tampa, FL, in this video.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tampa, FL.