Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lewis E Auerbach
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brandon, FL, with other offices in Tampa, FL and Clearwater, FL . His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Auerbach is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital, South Bay Hospital and Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Auerbach has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Auerbach since 1994 with a breast cancer diagnosis. Since then he literally "caught" another diagnosis of multiple myeloma, probably saving my life. Thru a second bout with breast cancer, and metastasis to the liver, he has successfully treated me. When my fiance had questions, he called him back the same day I asked him to. In addition, he persuaded a surgeon to take a chance on me 5 years ago. I would say that is good follow-up and advocacy. He continues to treat me. Most recently I have had six months of clean PET scans! I recommend him to everyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Auerbach is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lewis E Auerbach in this video.
Dr. Lewis E Auerbach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brandon, FL.