Dr. Lewis Blevins Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lewis Blevins Jr?

ate next to him, left devastated.

Posted on May 31st, 2015

Biggest ego, just looking for big/good cases to get the credit. I was told by a local doctor I had a pituitary tumor so I sent Dr. Blevins my records. His office called within in a week and said the doctor thought I needed an in office consult. I made it clear I was several states away and travel would be difficult physically and financially, but they called back and said to come. The morning of my appt we ate by the hospital and Dr. Blevins sat right next to us! It sounded like he was doing a casual interview, he talked about how important it was to listen to the patient and all the details. My nerves calmed just listening to him talk (nosey I know), he bragged about some cases but at that point I was impressed. Then I met him at my appt. He spent maybe 10 minutes in the room, said I needed more tests done my local doctor could handle, didn't answer one of my questions, gave me a prescription and said I didnt need to see him again and left me in tears. Worst experience of my life. I went looking for answers regarding a possible brain tumor and was treated like I couldn't be less important. It was devastating. He must have some connections to keep his job with that bedside manner.

Not recemmended at all

Posted on January 27th, 2015

Didn't seem interested in my health concerns and rushed me out in 10 minutes. Terrible!

Posted on January 9th, 2015

He is very impressed with his own importance. If he can't diagnose quickly, he dismissed the patient without any follow up. He has a terrible PA.

dr. lewis blevins is a doctor's doctor!

Posted on June 2nd, 2013

nobody could diagnose me with cushing's disease! i went from endo m.d. to endo m.d.! they gave up on me. i heard of dr. blevins at vanderbilt medical center in nashville, tenn. i called randy, his assistant. it was 9:00 a.m. in the morning. dr. blevins told him "..tell mr. dean i will see him if he can get to nashville by 1:00.."! i had an old car! i told randy "..i can't get there with this car..". i was given an appointment. i saw dr. blevins. i know genius when i see it. it is rare. so is dr. blevins. walk, run, drive, fly, to see this man if you have pituitary disease!!

Posted on May 31st, 2011

INSISTED I TAKE A MED TO WHICH I'M ALLERGIC---"TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT"

Finally a doctor that knows more about Cushing's than I do

Posted on May 17th, 2011

I feel extremely blessed to be a patient of Dr. Blevins. After battling Cushing's for many years, and being treated by multiple endocrinologists who found my condition interesting but had no idea how to treat it, I finally found Dr. Blevins. He is arguably the foremost expert on the diagnosis, treatment, & management of Cushing's in the world. It is an extremely complex disease & it is a relief to know that I can trust his advice. He is also the first doctor I've ever had that is willing to communicate directly with patients through email. I am able to email him with questions or if symptoms are changing, etc and get a prompt response. He also recognizes that each case is different and formulates the best approach for each patient. He understands the many aspects of Cushing's disease including the psychological & cognitive impact and is caring & compassionate. He is a nice guy and seems to enjoy his work and interacting with his patients.

Posted on April 2nd, 2009

Dr. Blevins is now the director of the Pituitary Center at UCSF. He limits his practice to pituitary disorders and is very knowledgable and understanding...a rare find among endos. As any pit patient knows, your relationship with your endo is long-term and their level of competency and care for these rare and complex pituitary conditions has significant impact on their patients lives. It would be hard to do any better than Dr. Blevins. It is a priviledge to be his patient.

Posted on December 6th, 2017