Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lewis E Braverman has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Think about how hyperbolic the positive reviews are. Or that many of them specifically claim that there's "nothing creepy about him" or that "any negative review is a lie." However knowledgeable he is about endocrinology, I do not recommend him. He did not act professionally or appropriately with me when I saw him. I am not comfortable being more specific than that. If you are a woman, think twice before seeing this man.
Dr Braverman is one of the finest doctors I have had the pleasure of using. He is calm and thorough. He takes him time at appointments, but is never, never more than 5-10 minutes late in seeing me at my scheduled time. He doesn't overbook his patients. He calls within a few days with lab results. He is simply the best! There is one rating on this site which should be removed immediately. Dr. B is a gentleman in ALL ways....ALL ways! Again, he is one of the finest professionals practicing!
I was running late due to other appointments in the hospital, and Dr. Braverman was waiting for me in the lobby. He reassured me that I would be fine after my procedure and prescribed a medicine that no other doctors (and I have been to a lot) had thought to prescribe. There was nothing creepy about him.
He goes above and beyond to help his patients. ANYTHING negative said against him is a lie meant to hurt his reputation. I am a patient of Dr. Braverman and he has probably saved the life of my sister and father.He was the only Doctor that was able to diagnose my illness.He is simply one of the best doctor's that I have dealt with.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Lewis E Braverman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBoston Medical Center, 732 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lewis E Braverman in this video.
Dr. Lewis E Braverman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.