Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lewis Cummings
Dr. Lewis Cummings, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, LA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Cummings is affiliated with Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital, Womens and Childrens Hospital and Lafayette General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lewis Cummings has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Very kind dentist that made me feel at ease right away.He explained everything very well and I was able to see my own CT scan as he explained my needed treatment. I was well informed on my treatment options, and the front office answered all my insurance questions. I highly recommend this office to everyone.
HE WAS A AWESOME DOCTOR!!!!! DR CUMMINGS WILL BE MISSED BY MANY PARENTS AND CHILDREN. I HOPE HIS FAMILY KNOWS WHAT AN AWESOME PERSON HE WAS. IT WAS AN HONOR TO HAVE SUCH AN AWESOME DOCTOR FOR MY DAUGHTER FROM BIRTH UNTIL SHE GOT OLDER. SHE WAS VERY UPSET WHEN DOCTOR CUMMINGS RETIRED. RIP DR CUMMINGS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED!!
Dr. Cummings is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital
Womens and Childrens Hospital
Lafayette General Medical Center
Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center
Our Lady of the Lake Rmc
44 Years Experience
Louisiana State University at New Orleans
Graduated in 1969
Locations & Directions435 Heymann Blvd, Lafayette, LA
Dr. Lewis Cummings is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.