Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lewis Rubin has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Rubin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UCSD Med Center Hillcrest
38 Years Experience
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Lewis Rubin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions9300 Campus Point Dr, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lewis Rubin in this video.
Dr. Lewis Rubin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.