Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lewis Rowland
Dr. Lewis Rowland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Rowland is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, NewYork-PresbyterianColumbia and New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lewis Rowland has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Familial Periodic Paralyses
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Muscule Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Rowland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
- Yale University School Of Medicine
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Lewis Rowland accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia University, 710 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lewis Rowland in this video.
Dr. Lewis Rowland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.