Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis A Telesford has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louis A Telesford has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Telesford is an absolutely amazing doctor. I have gone to Yale for so many years to se doctor after doctor , they could never diagnose me. Dr. Telesford really takes the time to forgive out what is wrong with you. I have finally been relieved of my pain and couldn't be happier to continue and see him.
Doctor Telesford is fantastic. My whole family goes to him. He takes time to explain what the problems are and what needs to be done to correct the situation. He's knowledgeable and takes a real interest in what is going on with me and what is going on in my life. We don't have the best insurance but even if I had better insurance I would not change doctors. The one complaint I have is that sometimes even when you make an appointment you can wait for a long time. However in the end he's worth the wait.
The billing staff is extremely incompetent. They mis-billed my insurance twice, inverting the numbers in my billing code twice. I asked Hamden Medical to correct it, and they took no action. I had my insurance correct the problem and pay them a month ago, yet they recently came after me for the paid amount and threatened me with legal action for unpaid balance. They did the same to Quest Diagnostics for labs. This office might be OK if you pay cash, but AVOID THEM AT ALL COST if you have coverage. Dr. Telesford is nice, though he wanted to talk about politics with me. I did not appreciate that--especially because he assumed I held the same beliefs as him. He ranted and raved, and I completely disagreed with him, though I did not want to tell him because I thought that might affect his care for me.
Dr. Telesford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1990
Yale New Haven Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHamden Medical Service, 2337 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT
Dr. Louis A Telesford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.